• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Wine, Vodka and Chocolate Tasting

rio marie

My friend is having a Wine and Vodka tasting at her work next week and invited me to bring my Truffles to sample in hopes of getting some business :smile: . It's from 3:30 to 5:30. Should I bring all of my product that I'm selling for the holiday or just Truffles? I haven't done anything like this before so I'm kinda of nervous. I don't even know what flavors to do....Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Rena

i think the simpler the better...bring samples of like 1-2 types of your best selling flavors that best represent you, and provide menus and such for other flavors. Also, you may find it useful to bring along a few prepared gift boxes that are ready to sell for those impulse purchases. Think of the sales as financing your advertising costs.

Best of luck and have fun...remember you are passionate about your business and make it shine!

Stephanie Crocker

Sugar Bakery + Cafe

My friend is having a Wine and Vodka tasting at her work next week and invited me to bring my Truffles to sample in hopes of getting some business :smile: .  It's from 3:30 to 5:30.  Should I bring all of my product that I'm selling for the holiday or just Truffles?  I haven't done anything like this before so I'm kinda of nervous.  I don't even know what flavors to do....Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Rena

Haha, an alcohol tasting in the late afternoon, my kind of party.

Try and hold back any impulse to take new things that you've only just made for the first time, take the things that you know are great. The gift box idea is great, events like that always pick up impulse sales, especially this close to christmas.

Good luck!

Yes absolutely! I just made four batches of ganache and I've hand dipped two batchs tonight. I'm making a plain chocolate, Cherry/Almond Truffle, Sereno Chile Truffle, and Grana Marsala which is an Indian spice blend Truffle. All in dark chocolate.....

I'm making a plain chocolate, Cherry/Almond Truffle, Sereno Chile Truffle, and Grana Marsala which is an Indian spice blend Truffle.  All in dark chocolate.....

Marsala or masala? I hope the latter. Hey, typos happen :biggrin:

Last summer while out for a cocktail I overheard some guy telling his friends how much he loves chicken tiki marsala. I think he meant chicken tikka masala, but you never know, they might have some wacky Polynesian-Italian fusion going on in Denver.

Edited by pastrygirl (log)

My bad it's Massala and it turned out to be a hit. Everyone liked it. A few bought some. I did ok it was fun getting out there and talking to people about chocolate. I called my chile truffle the Hot cha cha truffle which everyone wanted to know what it was......

Thanks again for the clarification.....

Happy Holidays everyone!

Rena