• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

a good butcher in glasgow

Hi there

can anyone recommend a good butcher in the glasgow area?

I am catering for friends party in the area and need to get hold of a Bronze turkey and a sirloin roast just that I am unfamilair with Glasgow and my frined only shops in supermarkets.

thanks

"so tell me how do you bone a chicken?"

"tastes so good makes you want to slap your mamma!!"

hi there. i think yr in london and may be best to take a turkey upwith you. thats what i'm doing buying from a farm in somerset who sell at hammersmith on a thurs, and driving to glasgow on the 23rd with it in the back.

there is a butcher on clarence drive in hyndland which is good but i forget the name. also one in anniesland. with a bit of organisation this might be yr best bet

http://www.aberfoylebutcher.co.uk/game.htm

or contact mccallums fishmongers in glasgow for a turkey

hi there.  i think yr in london and may be best to take a turkey upwith you. thats what i'm doing buying from a farm in somerset  who  sell at hammersmith on a thurs,  and driving to glasgow on the 23rd with it in the back.

there is a butcher on clarence drive in hyndland which is good but i forget the name. also one in anniesland.    with a bit of organisation this might be yr best bet

http://www.aberfoylebutcher.co.uk/game.htm

or contact mccallums fishmongers in  glasgow for a turkey

thanks is100

yeah i did think about buying one in london and taking it up with me.

But just doesn't seem to makes sense, surely there are good butchers in glasgow?

yep i will give those contact a try

thanks

"so tell me how do you bone a chicken?"

"tastes so good makes you want to slap your mamma!!"

Hi There

Kelly Bronze Turkey's have a branch or franchise I think just a few miles outside of Glasgow. I think they would deliver straight to your friend. If not the main kelly turkey site would.

Hope you have a lovelt time I am from Glasgow and lived there until I was 21! such a long time ago now :rolleyes: