• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

WinePod Online School of Winemaking

Don Giovanni

WinePod Online School of Winemaking

WinePod, the world's first personal winery that allows wine enthusiasts to make world-class wine at home, announces the perfect last minute affordable holiday gift for the aspiring winemaker--WinePod Online School of Winemaking. The $99 cost includes a four-week online winemaking school taught by WinePod's professional winemakers and hosted by award-winning author and sommelier Courtney Cochran.

http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Story/Imag...ab46a&Track=202

Each purchase of the WinePod Online School of Winemaking between December 1 and December 31, 2008 will automatically enter the purchaser into a drawing for a WinePod personal winemaking system, a $4,499 value.

So how many are going to rush into this fine easy wine production....

Click On Me

WinePod, the world's first personal winery that allows wine enthusiasts to make world-class wine at home [...]

I love the phrase "world-class wine"—considering how much poor wine exists around the world, I'm not sure that's exactly a glowing endorsement! They offer a "custom crush of your favorite varietal": how wonderful. I'm sure they are using only the best grapes, etc., etc. Color me skeptical. Anyone actually seen one of their systems in action, or better still, sampled the results? $5k buys a lot of damned nice bottles of wine.

ETA: I suppose the school may still be useful even ignoring their system, if they still just teach the basics of wine making.

Chris Hennes
Director of Operations
chennes@egullet.org

• 3 weeks later...