• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Birthday lunch/dinner

SuY

Hi,

Visiting in-laws in London and want to bring my husband out for a birthday meal. Looking for good food and wine - doesn't have to be fancy. Went to Chez Bruce for his last birthday meal and loved that. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. We are staying in west London but will have a car so we're pretty mobile. Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Visiting in-laws in London and want to bring my husband out for a birthday meal. Looking for good food and wine - doesn't have to be fancy. Went to Chez Bruce for his last birthday meal and loved that. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. We are staying in west London but will have a car so we're pretty mobile. Thanks in advance!

Any preferences in terms of cuisine or budget?

Food Snob

foodsnob@hotmail.co.uk

We're pretty adventurous eaters. Only thing we tend to shy away from is French food. And we're pretty open on the budget just nothing too too insane in the economy that we are in!

Adventurous? Does that mean offal, etc?

If so,

Hereford Road is good: Hereford Road Lunch

Otherwise, there is Anchor & Hope, Great Queen Street and St. John

If not offal. For game and fish, 'British-style':

I suggest Corrigan's: Dinner at Corrigan's

Other cuisines?

Italian and an expensive treat, River Cafe: Lunch at the River Cafe

For Indian, I heard Amaya was quite nice.

Food Snob

foodsnob@hotmail.co.uk

Hi,

West London? The Ledbury?