• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New Year's Eve with kids - suggestions?

SunnyNJ

Does anyone have any suggestions for a restaurant we could go to on New Year's Eve with a bunch of young children? We are looking for an early seating - maybe 5:30-7:30 and hopefully some type of entertainment / distraction for the kids. A roaming magician or the like would be perfect. We are in Morris county but can travel a little if anyone knows of a good place. Many thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
Does anyone have any suggestions for a restaurant we could go to on New Year's Eve with a bunch of young children?

I honestly don't know of any place with wandering entertainment. With a bunch of young children, I would probably head to Dave & Buster's in the Palisades Mall. I am in Morris County, very close to 287 in Riverdale. It takes us about 25 minutes to get there and you can always keep the kids calm during dinner by letting them know if they behave, they can go into the huge game room afterwards!!

Another place the kids seem to love is Mt. Fuji - heading in the same direction but getting onto 87 N rather than South and probably about 10 minutes closer in distance. They will love the show put on by the hibachi chef as he prepares your dinner! (I think you can sit 10 to a hibachi table in most cases) and the place is pretty loud, we always see large families in there. They will most probably have an early reservation available, since most people like to go out a little bit later on New Years. Good Luck!