• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sale on French Cheese From France

robyn

Those of you in France probably have many favorite places where you buy your cheese. Since I am not in France - and live in a place where you can't even buy something like Pont l'Eveque - I don't. Anyway - my favorite place for ordering cheese from France is fromages.com. I am sure it is not the best cheese in France - but it is good cheese - and the service is excellent (overnight Fedex). If you order by late morning in the eastern US - the cheese will be on your doorstep next morning.

Anyway - it is having a sale through 12/2 - 15% off cheese. Promo code is 281108.

Only problem these days with buying cheese from abroad is customs (Department of Homeland Security). It will not allow through any cheese that isn't aged for at least 60 days. So if you have a favorite cheese that is past its prime at 60 days - don't order it. Fromages.com follows the rules - so your shipment doesn't wind up being rejected when it enters the US. BTW - I say this not to invite discussion of this rule - but only to bring it to your attention.

BTW - I have nothing to do with this firm - except I am a satisfied customer. Robyn