• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sliders Rolls

tmriga

Does anyone out there bake their own sliders rolls? I have checked with the few wholesale bakers in my area, and none make them, nor will take on such an order.

Does anyone know have a favorite recipe for sliders rolls that they would be willing to share?

Or would anyone happen to know how many ounces of dough would be appropriate for baking sliders rolls?

Thanks so much -

Theresa :biggrin:

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

- Abraham Lincoln

I don't know where you live but if you have any Jewish bakeries in your area, they have what they call "Tea rolls" (I think - definitely Tea something) which are mini rolls perfect for sliders. That's where I buy mine.

No, we don't have any Jewish bakeries in this area, but thanks for the idea. I just did a Google and found this one

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefi...ecipe_id=522311

which will serve my purpose very well.

Thanks -

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

- Abraham Lincoln

not sure if this helpful, but I wanted slider rolls last year, and rather than go with the Hawaiian rolls that a lot of people use, I asked a cupcake bakery if they were able to make some, and she did. Call around to some of the restaurants in your area that serve sliders and they may be able to direct you to their supplier.

Thanks, all!

Although I live in is the third largest city in my state, the owners of independent restaurants choose not to serve sliders; they can only be found in three different chain type restaurants, where the products are produced exclusively for them. We all know that stuff is brought in by truck, so asking them turned out to be an exercise in futility.

I only need about 300 of them for a holiday party I am working, so it won't take much time in a 20 qt to mix and knead that much dough. And instead of cutting the dough, I will use a couple of different sized food scoops to see which will give me the baked-off size I need.

- Abraham Lincoln

Sliders, originally mini hamburgers, have evolved into almost any sandwich which can be eaten in 1-2 bites. Here's a full description, as written in A Hamburger Today:

http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2005/0...nk_whats_a.html

- Abraham Lincoln