• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fassone !

mdbasile

Hey all -- I did a search, and I must not know what I am doing with the search function.... anyway. I want to make the Fassone for my tartuffi, and I was wondering what to do - which cut of meat is best -- do I add anything other than olive oil and salt???

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks -- I tried it very simply -- I took the veal - th eye of the round - very lean and ground it then I sheved a bit of tartufi mixed it and let it sit in the fridge for half a day. About 1/2 hour before serving I put some sea salt a bit of pepper and some ex virgin olive oil and tossed delicately. I served it Piedmonte style pressing into a metal round and then a few more sprinklings of sel de mer, drizzle of olive oil and then a generous serving of tartufi - Heaven!!! FYI one pound will serve 6 easily as a first course.

BRavo!

FAssone is a type of beef!!!

we often also just do a carpaccio, paperthin slices of raw beef. But I adore tartar with just olive oil and sea salt as you did!