• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

When Chocolate Turns To Matter

gap

Hi,

I'm trying to track down a book called "When Chocolate Turns to Matter" by Stephane LaRue (?spelling?). It was apparently released in October.

Has anyone heard of this book?

Does anyone know where to buy it from?

Thanks for any help

Thanks for trying but I don't think that's the one. :smile:

I had a specialty cook book store in my city do a search and they found it for about AUD $325 but weren't sure when it would ship by - they mentioned January as an expected delivery date if ordered now.

I'll post more details if I can find them

Cheers

Stephane Leroux - Matiere Chocolat

I'm waiting for my chocolate supplier to import some copies. This was the fellow who was making chocolate showpieces in the background for the pictures in the book when I was in Belgium in February. He is amazing!

Online you can buy from Belgium here. Postage is prohibitive.

Oh yeah - and I want it BAD!

Edited by Kerry Beal (log)

Based on the translation of the title into English, I'd be inclined to buy the French version...

John DePaula
formerly of DePaula Confections
Hand-crafted artisanal chocolates & gourmet confections - …Because Pleasure Matters…
--------------------
When asked “What are the secrets of good cooking? Escoffier replied, “There are three: butter, butter and butter.”