• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Paris eating. Recommendations please

food1

Hoping to get away in Jan for a few days and Paris is on the agenda. Would love to hear recommendations from you of where to visit. Enjoy the small, michelin (quality) sort of places/ up and coming restaurants. Any accomadation rec's, would also be welcome.

Come on everybody, wheres all the great advice/ tips to eat in Paris?!!!

Have you researched the board? Your enquiry is quite general in nature and has been answered lots of times before, you may find more targeted/explicit questions get a better response.

Have you researched the board? Your enquiry is quite general in nature and has been answered lots of times before, you may find more targeted/explicit questions get a better response.

Agreed. There is so much information if you look for it.

Try John's regular restaurant reviews for instance.

There are even interactive maps of Paris restaurants for you to find & look for.

Agreed. There is so much information if you look for it.

Try John's regular restaurant reviews for instance.

There are even interactive maps of Paris restaurants for you to find & look for.

There are, unfortunately so many topics that I'm not sure it would be helpful if say, I merged them all into one big one entitled something like "I'm coming to Paris: where should I eat?" But let me work on it; there was one on something like "Who should have a star." Until then, Dave is correct - a search will turn up lots of ideas. Rest assured, by January, we'll have a lot for you.

Edited to add: Try here or here. Plus this on emerging stars.

Edited by John Talbott (log)

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris

I have bumped up the Merged topic containing posts in 2008 regarding restaurant suggestions in Paris. Ones before 2008 can be found by searching Paris, recommendations, week(s), day(s), visit(s), etc. Trip reports and eating on certain days or in certain quarters are still separate.

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris