• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dinner before the Flyers

wkl

I go to quite a few Flyer's games and usually bring something to eat with me, but am hoping for some suggestions within a 10 or 15 minute drive from the Wachovia center for a casual dinner.

Preferabley a place with quick service that is open by 5 or 5:30.

Any bars with good burgers? Italian byo's?

Thanks.

You could always park at the Wachovia Center then jump on the Broad St. subway. That could have you smack in the middle of town in 10 minutes. From there you can basically take your pick. I'd go to Good Dog.

I would kill everyone in this room for a drop of sweet beer...

Homer Simpson

my dad and i like to go to the bomb bomb bbq & italian restaurant when we go to Phillies games. it's about a 5 min car ride from the stadiums. we always get the ribs, but i've heard good things about the italian food and mussels, as well.

http://www.bombbomb-restaurant.com/Home.html

"The perfect lover is one who turns into pizza at 4am."

Charles Pierce

my dad and i like to go to the bomb bomb bbq & italian restaurant when we go to Phillies games.  it's about a 5 min car ride from the stadiums.  we always get the ribs, but i've heard good things about the italian food and mussels, as well.

http://www.bombbomb-restaurant.com/Home.html

is this byo, by any chance?

nope, it's a bar.

"The perfect lover is one who turns into pizza at 4am."

Charles Pierce

Criniti's is good if you want basic Italian American fare, and it's just one subway stop away from the stadiums.

John

"I can't believe a roasted dead animal could look so appealing."--my 10 year old upon seeing Peking Duck for the first time.