• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

BOOM

=Mark

A new burger place has opened up in Belmar. Boom is located in the Belar Blaza next to Vivas. I tried it last week and have to say it had the best burger I've had in years.

The place has family ties to Pat La Frieda Meats out of NYC and uses a special blend prepared just for them. All the buns and rolls are baked for them special by Freeedman's Bakery.

It is a sit-down place with table service, and has a casual friendly atmosphere, no white tile and florescent lights to be found. I started with a small bowl of 3-bean chili that had been spiced up as requested with extra sliced chile peppers. It was served topped with cheese and scallions and came with blue corn tortilla chips.

I decided to go with the BOOM burger as it is their signature dish, served with swiss cheese, sauteed onions, bacon, tomato and lettuce on a toasted ciabatta roll. It comes with a side of their fresh cut Jersey fries which were outstanding. The burger was done perfectly and by the time I was halfway through it enough juices had dripped out to dip my fries in! The cardiologist will appreciate that...

Got a copy of the Menu Here

All those specialty chain joints like 5 Guys and Bobby Flay's are gonna have a run for the money here...

=Mark

Give a man a fish, he eats for a Day.

Teach a man to fish, he eats for Life.

Teach a man to sell fish, he eats Steak

When I was there the owner was sort of soliciting ideas for more burgers, and I forgot to mention my personal favorite; in order: lettuce, tomato, burger, chipotle sauce, blue cheese and bacon. As far as I can see he has everything but the sauce. Will have to see what he can come up with...

=Mark

Give a man a fish, he eats for a Day.

Teach a man to fish, he eats for Life.

Teach a man to sell fish, he eats Steak

• 3 weeks later...