• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

On 21/11/2008 at 10:29 PM, SeanDirty said:

My sister always made spam fried rice which was always great, if you cut it into small cubes its a great dish...

I've seen Spam® fried rice here in China, too. That said, real Spam is expensive here and not that easy to find, so cheaper Chinese clone brands are often used instead. These clones are sometimes canned but more often sausage shaped in plastic tubes.

It somewhat amused me to find out that Spam in Chinese is "世棒® (shì bàng)"

sspam.jpg.74d9ec9902fa676c81587d302724b8ad.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

On 21/11/2008 at 10:29 PM, SeanDirty said:

My sister always made spam fried rice which was always great, if you cut it into small cubes its a great dish...

I've seen Spam® fried rice here in China, too. That said, real Spam is expensive here and not that easy to find, so cheaper Chinese clone brands are often used instead. These clones are sometimes canned but more often sausage shaped in plastic tubes.

It somewhat amused to find out that Spam in Chinese is "世棒® (shì bàng)"

sspam.jpg.74d9ec9902fa676c81587d302724b8ad.jpg