• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Restaurant Dining - Thanksgiving 2008

sickchangeup

After several consecutive years of booking thanksgiving at Aureole, I've booked EMP for 2008. Last years turkey main at Aureole was pretty sorry (this was post Dante's departure), and after seeing that they are offering what is essentially a duplicate of last years menu, I sadly chose to abandon one of my few developing dining traditions. It was tough.

Searching around for a place who's menu appeared to leave me, my soul and my belly "thanksgiving level" satisfied wasn't easy. EMP is solidly in the lead right now - I actually have a reservation and everything - but it's been an extensive search through many menus around town.

Which left me thinking - where is everyone here gonna eat? My criteria was based on overall volume of food as well as ensuring that all the traditional foods of thanksgiving were covered in one way or another. How about yourself?