• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Do they still make Michelob Dry?

awbrig

Bud just makes me want to pee, as does the 4.2% version of Millers we get here in the UK. Michelob does not. In fact that would be a great strap line for their advertising : "Michelob. It won't make you want to pee immeadiately"

oh hey, if you had Michelob, you were livin' up town ;-) Whoever said it was so 70's is right on. It was a cut above Coors, Bud, Miller, definitely. It was more expensive, for one, and it tasted *smoother*.. to our teenage taste buds.

I'm a total snot now. All the mega-brews taste like swill to me. But if I find myself on a tropical island, (just like I did when I went to American Samoa) where its 90° and I'm sitting under a palm-leaf thatched umbrella in a deck chair buried into the sand staring out at azure seas, and Bud is the only beer... I'll drink it, you betcha.

In fact, when I was in Samoa, we drank Vailima when we could get our hands on it, brewed in western Samoa, slightly better than Bud, definitely in the pilsner style.

Born Free, Now Expensive