• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Coulis - how much?

CanadianBakin'

I have an order for 4 Tarte Grenobloise which will each be cut into 16 servings. The caterer would like to serve it with whipped cream and raspberry coulis. I have no idea how much coulis I should deliver with the desserts. Any ideas?

Don't wait for extraordinary opportunities. Seize common occasions and make them great. Orison Swett Marden

What size are the tarte tins? 8", 9", 10", etc. and how wide are the plates .. are they flat, or do they have a shoulder/rim? Do you want the tarte sitting in a puddle of coulis, or a pond of it? Puddle would be about 1ozl/2T and a pond would be at least 2ozl/4T depending on size of plate. Then I would have 6 or so ounces extra just in case.

Theabroma

I have an order for 4 Tarte Grenobloise which will each be cut into 16 servings. The caterer would like to serve it with whipped cream and raspberry coulis. I have no idea how much coulis I should deliver with the desserts. Any ideas?

Edited by theabroma (log)

Sharon Peters aka "theabroma"

The lunatics have overtaken the asylum

What size are the tarte tins? 8", 9", 10", etc.  and how wide are the plates .. are they flat, or do they have a shoulder/rim?  Do you want the tarte sitting in a puddle of coulis, or a pond of it?  Puddle would be about 1ozl/2T and a pond would be at least 2ozl/4T depending on size of plate.  Then I would have 6 or so ounces extra just in case.

Theabroma

Good questions... tarte tins are 9-1/2", I think the plates will be standard dessert plates not larger ones. It looks like I'll have to e-mail the caterer about how she's serving it. Thanks for the guidelines.

Don't wait for extraordinary opportunities. Seize common occasions and make them great. Orison Swett Marden

I'd think an ounce of coulis per slice would be more than enough. It's been a long time since we catered weddings and used coulis on the plates, but if we used more than 1 - 1 1/2 Tbsp. per plate, I'd be shocked. Two tablespoons will give you a good pool on the plate.