• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Where to buy preserved lemons in NYC?

greenwich st

WF used to sell these, freshly made, in the olive section, but no longer. It's the sort of thing I'll never make but love to cook with. I know they have them at Kalyustan's but they look a bit dicey to me. Any takes on where and which are good. (Sorry if this has been done to death, but couldn't find it in a search.)

• 1 month later...

Sahadi's in Brooklyn definitely has them. If you haven't been there it's worth the trip. It's one of the best sources of middle eastern ingredients in the US.

187 Atlantic Avenue., Brooklyn

Nearby subways include 2,3,4,5,M,and R at Borough Hall and A, C, or F at Jay St. Borough Hall

Enjoy! Oh and while you're there stop in at Damascus Bakery next door for yummy pastries.

purplechick

"No verse can give pleasure for long, nor last, that is written by

water drinkers." --Cratinus, 5th Century BCE, Athens

• 1 month later...