• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

moving to spain

I am planning on moving to Spain soon, and am trying to decide on a place. I can live pretty much anywhere but there are a few things that I am particular about. Briefly about myself, I have a daughter with some health issues who is recovering nicely and the most significant intervention up until now has been food. My hope is that I would be able to improve this even further in Spain.

I am looking for a place that is environmentally clean, away from industrial releases with good, clean air and water. Equally important is the availability of completely grassfed meat and dairy and produce grown without chemical fertilizers and pesticides.

Extremadura looks ideal on google, but is it really so? Is the kind of food I am looking for easily available there? I am also very keen on cooking freshwater fish which seems to be in abundance there. The waters in Extremadura sound marvelous. Also, very taken with the availability of wild game.

Oh, I could live in other parts of Europe but my heart is set on Spain :smile: The only reason to go elsewhere would be better resources for food.

I have been reading on this forum and realize that some of you are very knowledgeable, looking forward to hearing your opinions and any advice.

Aargi