• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Ravenous Pig

arazi

Totally worth a meal or two. Maybe the most interesting and best food in Orlando. Good beer and wine list, and sound creative cooking. There are more romantic and refined places, but this place is a local favorite for a reason. My meals have been from good to great, and the prices are reasonable.

Nate

• 3 weeks later...

I'm heading to Orlando next month for an annual conference.

This place is on my hit list. I know several people who have gone and liked it very much, as well as some Orlando natives who also like it very much. I will go there one night for dinner.

Others include: Ren-Getsu, Christini's, and Capital Grille. Haven't filled in the rest of the blanks yet. Thinking of Blue Zoo (Todd English).

Looking for another steakhouse, seafood, and perhaps another Italian place.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Eric

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am a manager at one of the Pigs competitors and I have to say they do a great job. I've eaten there many times and have never had a bad or average meal. They really go for the unusual and pull it off well. One caveat. The service can be average so eat at the bar or request Adam or Matt for table service. If you are in town on a Saturday check ahead to see if they are having a pig roast. They do it once a month and it's really, really good. One last plug...they make their own sausage and salumi so go for that if its your thing you will be very very happy.