• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

White Castle Turkey Stuffing

Holly Moore

Was going through some old papers from the early 90's and happened upon this recipe from White Castle:

Tear up 10 White Castle Hamburgers (optional: HOLD the pickle) and add diced celery and chicken broth. Season with salt, pepper, sage and thyme. Makes enough for a 10-12 pound turkey.

Enjoy

Holly Moore

"I eat, therefore I am."

HollyEats.Com

Twitter

I don't know why anybody would want to take some perfectly good white castles and stuff them in a turkey. :raz:

Yeah, I know... but I haven't had a white castle in years so I think if I came across a dozen of those little gut-grenades at this point they'd never make it to the inside of a turkey.

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

Many years ago, I found probably the same recipe for the stuffing on the bag that the White Castles came in. As usual, I can't follow a recipe, but I did chop up a few of them and added them to a box of Stove Top. And guess what--it was really good, which surprised me since I'm really not a fan.

Cheese - milk's leap toward immortality. Clifton Fadiman

I'm sorry but I think white castle hamburgers are the most disgusting thing on the face of the planet. A friend gave me a couple to try last time I was over and it was all I can do to keep from barfing. The thought of using them to stuff a perfectly good turkey is revolting. Seriously. They are reeeeeallly aweful. It took me two days to get the taste out of my mouth.

My Photography: Bob Worthington Photography

My music: Coronado Big Band