• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hollow Truffle Shells?

Stargazer34683

I have searched in vain everwhere I can think of. For christmas I am going to make some different forms of truffles to give to family. For this I think hollow truffle shells would be my best bet. Any idea where I can go to buy less than 500? That seems to be the smallest quantity I can find.

I have searched in vain everwhere I can think of.  For christmas I am going to make some different forms of truffles to give to family.  For this I think hollow truffle shells would be my best bet.  Any idea where I can go to buy less than 500? That seems to be the smallest quantity I can find.

You could buy a mold from JC Prince or Chocolat-chocolat and make your own. Only downside is that they are a little large for my taste.

There is a store in my city called Artistic Cake Design that sells all manner of baking and candy supplies. They sell the hollow shells in both milk and dark chocolate. I would look for a similar store in your area.

I buy mine from Albert Uster Imports. They last a very long time with proper storage (cool, dark place). I've gone from relatively small batches (e.g. 125 pieces) to 1200 - 1500 pieces per 3 months. There is always a reason to make truffles. :biggrin:

Steve Lebowitz

Doer of All Things

Steven Howard Confections

Slicing a warm slab of bacon is a lot like giving a ferret a shave. No matter how careful you are, somebody's going to get hurt - Alton Brown, "Good Eats"