• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Breville Blender 1 year in.

Recoil Rob

Just an update on the Breville Blenders. We bought on about 14 months ago primarily for smoothies, it gets used 2-3 times weekly and performs well, we like it.

It gets wiped down when needed but that's it.

As it turns out that attractive Breville "stainless steel" base is actually a diecast pot metal base that is painted with a silver paint. For no apparent treason except it's over a year old that finish has been peeling off and the base underneath is corroding. So far attempts to contact Breville have received no reply. In a few more months it's going to look like hell on the countertop.

Caveat emptor...

gallery_61224_6290_108198.jpg

gallery_61224_6290_52888.jpg

gallery_61224_6290_129286.jpg

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.

- Errol Flynn

Thanks for giving us the update! Seen how it's deteriorated in such a short time certainly makes me not want to buy one. Hopefully they'll get back to you sooner or later and replace it.

Keep us informed.

I've learned that artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been almost 2 weeks now and several emails have gone unanswered. I finally called and spoke with a very helpful gentleman named Jamal who made arrangements to have our blender replaced with an improved one. Will report back when it arrives.

Edited by Recoil Rob (log)

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.

- Errol Flynn