• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Milanes

Daniel

The food is "Spanish" with Dominican roots and leanings.. They had some really nice looking things.. Daily specials on steam trays, wonderful roast pork, several rice variations, fish, ear and tripe dishes, all priced well..

3006430295_fc2e5f20be.jpg

I had 12 minutes to eat lunch, I went with the Cubano.. It was fantastic.. I wouldnt call it a Cuban but, it was an awesome sandwich.. The roast pork was fantastic!!! They start out by toasting a sub roll cut in half on each side in the sandwich press.. They then add ham and cheese to one side and press again.. When the cheese has melted, the ham has gotten a little grill char, they then add like two fist fulls of this wonderful pork.. No mustard, pickles on the side, and then give you a huge squirt bottle of mayo.. I declined on the mayo.. Went with a Presidente instead.

But this sandwich for $6.50 is really, really good.. If you are in the area, you should eat this and other things they have..

3006430291_9d8a1d6fc1_o.jpg

I am interested in going here some more.. I just popped in, short on time, looking for a quick bite. It has all the signs of being really good. I will certainly get the Avena one morning.

Edited by Daniel (log)