• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Paseo in Shilshole

I come to Seattle to do business at the marina in Shilshole 4 or 5 times a year. I never eat down there because there isn't really much activity during the week. Ray's Boathouse has seen better days and I'm still pissed at them for a dinner i had at Ray's Downtown in the 90's.

I stopped at Paseo which is a large outdoor food stand. There was a half dozen people in the kitchen and I didn't have much other choice so I gave it a try. Seriously the pork sandwich (the #2, most popular evidently) was one of the two or three best sandwiches I have ever eaten. Lots of tender pork loin, fried onions, fresh romaine and lots of juicy dressing and meat juice. All this served on the best sandwich bun I've ever had. I found out later they come from the Macrina Bakery.

The place got very busy at 12 and everyone seemed very stoked to be there. Evidently these people have a place at 41st and Freemont according to a Seattle Firefighter who seemed to be a regular.

Can't wait to go back.

David Cooper

"I'm no friggin genius". Rob Dibble

http://www.starlinebyirion.com/

I come to Seattle to do business at the marina in Shilshole 4 or 5 times a year. I never eat down there because there isn't really much activity during the week. Ray's Boathouse has seen better days and I'm still pissed at them for a dinner i had at Ray's Downtown in the 90's.

I stopped at Paseo which is a large outdoor food stand. There was a half dozen people in the kitchen and I didn't have much other choice so I gave it a try. Seriously the pork sandwich (the #2, most popular evidently) was one of the two or three best sandwiches I have ever eaten. Lots of tender pork loin, fried onions, fresh romaine and lots of juicy dressing and meat juice. All this served on the best sandwich bun I've ever had. I found out later they come from the Macrina Bakery.

The place got very busy at 12 and everyone seemed very stoked to be there. Evidently these people have a place at 41st and Freemont according to a Seattle Firefighter who seemed to be a regular.

Can't wait to go back.

The other is on Fremont Ave N, and the success of this place is no secret around Seattle - I think Bon Appetit listed it as one of the top ten sandwich shops in the country. You should have seen the two previous locations...

Glad you liked it.

• 4 weeks later...