• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Rooney's in Sea Bright

=Mark

Treated myself to lunch at one of my favorite establishments last Sunday. Two dirty water dogs from Mrs. Rooney's landmark Sabrett stand in Sea Bright. I swear she's been there selling hotdogs continuously for like 35 years, only closing during the really cold times of the year when she has problems with the diet sodas freezing... She knows my usual lunch is a couple dogs with mustard and her homemade sauteed spicy onions. Sometimes you just have to bow to tradition...

rooney800.jpg

=Mark

Give a man a fish, he eats for a Day.

Teach a man to fish, he eats for Life.

Teach a man to sell fish, he eats Steak

Treated myself to lunch at one of my favorite establishments last Sunday. Two dirty water dogs from Mrs. Rooney's landmark Sabrett stand in Sea Bright. I swear she's been there selling hotdogs continuously for like 35 years, only closing during the really cold times of the year when she has problems with the diet sodas freezing... She knows my usual lunch is a couple dogs with mustard and her homemade sauteed spicy onions. Sometimes you just have to bow to tradition...

rooney800.jpg

What a beautiful lunch experience!

And the Fromagerie is right up the street for dinner :biggrin: