• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Choosing Packaging

Nawtees

58 minutes ago, Stephen Beaumont said:

As I read this I was nodding the whole time. I’m at the point of looking for some custom boxes for all the above reasons and wonder who you ended up using?

I have also started making some cylindrical “snack bars” which are popular and open some decorating opportunities. I would like to find a box (probably square) with a tray that will separate 3-5 of these snack bars but have not yet been successful in sourcing anything. Anyone have any advice on these?

By the way this forum is a gold mine of information. Thanks for everyone’s input!!

I ended up using Brimar Packaging in Ohio and am satisfied with them.

There is a thread on packaging that is very useful.

On 9/26/2020 at 8:19 AM, gfron1 said:

At the suggestion of an eGer I bought mine from  silvia@alagobox.com. Easy to work with. The shipping is a slow boat from China but I haven't worked through my old ones yet anyway. For 1000 boxes not printed, came out to about $1.40 per. Just a few pennies more than what I had been paying. These boxes come assembled (I have to insert the tissue), whereas my old boxes required full assembly.

Hi @gfron1 - I just came across this post from you and  was wondering if you ever received the boxes, and if you still feel you had a positive experience with alagobox. The website shows some great options, but it keeps crashing so just wanted to see if your positive review still stands. Thank you!!

On 5/3/2020 at 10:02 AM, gfron1 said:

Does someone know which suppliers have these boxes? I can't find them through my regular sources and want to see how affordable they might be. Thanks.

Screenshot_20200503-085625.thumb.png.2037a864f68b9c47f0f1c3a18424495b.png

This looks like something from ASpecialtyBox.com  I use a quite a few of their products, and do recall seeing packaging very similar -if not exactly- like this on their site.  Very classy.

-Andrea

A 'balanced diet' means chocolate in BOTH hands. :biggrin:

On 3/3/2021 at 4:53 PM, SweetandSnappyJen said:

Hi @gfron1 - I just came across this post from you and  was wondering if you ever received the boxes, and if you still feel you had a positive experience with alagobox. The website shows some great options, but it keeps crashing so just wanted to see if your positive review still stands. Thank you!!

I am, but I should have pushed SIlvia more to make a plastic dome top insert like I originally wanted. 

• 5 months later...

@Altay.Oro, based on this article from Alagobox, I believe they are called transparent blister liners/trays.

Does anyone know where to purchase blister trays like the ones used by Sugoi Sweets (or do these trays fall into the "custom-order" category)? I can find more "traditional-looking" inserts but am having a really hard time finding transparent, round blister trays. I like the minimalist look of these trays. @Tiffany B linked to these by A Specialty Box, but they don't look quite as clean as the ones used by Sugoi Sweets (and it's hard to tell what the bottom insert looks like from A Specialty Box's images).

Edited by no10 (log)
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 3/6/2021 at 1:16 PM, gfron1 said:

I am, but I should have pushed SIlvia more to make a plastic dome top insert like I originally wanted. 

Hi @gfron1 - it's been awhile since you posted this!  I'm working with Silvia right now, and am curious what you paid for in terms of shipping, and how long it took for your shipment to arrive (if you happen to remember..) Thank you! - Jen

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2022 at 11:58 AM, SweetandSnappyJen said:

Hi @gfron1 - it's been awhile since you posted this!  I'm working with Silvia right now, and am curious what you paid for in terms of shipping, and how long it took for your shipment to arrive (if you happen to remember..) Thank you! - Jen

I don't remember what shipping was for either the boxes or inserts, but it was very reasonable considering, and more importantly once factored in to the per box price it was negligable...but that gets to your second question. I used the slow boat and so both took 2-3 months. The price increase for faster shipping wasn't worth it for me. FWIW, I used my new complete set up on Valentines and it was exactly what I wanted. They do very precise work.

• Thanks 1

Never mind... this was one of those times where asking leads to deciding on my own. Thanks anyway!

Edited by Tri2Cook (log)

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.