• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tri2Cook

Tri2Cook

Never mind... this was one of those times where asking leads to deciding on my own. Thanks anyway!

Tri2Cook

Tri2Cook

On topic but a slightly different question than so far.discussed. i recently ordered bar sleeves but I'm not really sure about the best approach to using them. They're windowed so I'm trying to decide if sleeving the bars naked, using clear cello bags or using confectionary foil wrap would be the best approach. Naked avoids additional waste (at the consumer end) and cost, foil is (slightly) more cost effective than bags, bags allow the bars to still be visible. Thoughts?

Tri2Cook

Tri2Cook

On topic but a slightly different question than so far.discussed. i recently ordered bar sleeves but I'm not really sure about the best approach to using them. They're windowed so I'm trying to decide if sleeving the bars naked, using clear cello bags or using confectionary foil wrap would be the best approach. Naked avoids additional waste (at the consumer end) and cost, foil is (slightly) more cost efficient than bags, bags allow the bars to still be visible. Thoughts?