• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Restaurant Suggestion - Ridgewood Area

njduchess

I would like to give a gift of dinner at a nice restaurant to a friend who has been having health problems of late. She lives in Hawthorne, so I thought Ridgewood might have the most choices. But I'm open to anything that wouldn't be a long drive. I would like to keep the cuisine fairly simple since I'm not sure what kind of food she likes. American or Italian would probably be best. I don't know if she can drink alcohol right now so BYOB might not be an issue. If I found a nice BYOB, I might include a bottle of wine. Even if she can't drink it now, she might be able to save it for when she's feeling better.

Your suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Marie

NJDuchess

American with a nod toward healthy I would say Gazelle across from Whole foods....BYO

Owned by my old boss Ron

http://www.restaurantpassion.com/listing.a...404&sid=8&sn=NJ

tracey

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

Without question in Ridgewood I would go with : La Lanterna - 29 W Ridgewood Ave

Ridgewood, NJ 07450 (201) -444-5520

Family owned, chef uses seasonal foods to enhance all the senses in charming atmosphere, Italian/Med seafood, meats, list long daily specials, homemade pastas, old world soups/bread - a great gift! Like most of Ridgewood this is a BYO.

Laso equal in conisderation however on Maple Ave in Ho-Ho-Kus would be Janice's Bistro --

Jan

"When women are depressed, they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country. It's a whole different way of thinking."

- Elaine Boosler

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your suggestions. Before I had a chance to get her the certificate, she had a medical emergency and went back to the hospital.

Thinking that the time is not right for dining out, I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion for a restaurant that might deliver a couple of nice meals to a home in Hawthorne.

Thanks for your suggestions.

I am hopeful that things might be better by Christmas, when I can give her a night out to a nice restaurant.

Marie

NJDuchess