• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Brazilian Madrid Fusion

Believe it or not, but right at this moment many of the world's greatest chefs are all in Sao Paulo, and are participating in MESA TENDENCIAS, a Brazilian version of what's considered the world's top food event, Madrid Fusion.

Ferran, Arzak, Berasategui, Joan Roca, Andoni Aduriz, Dani Garcia...

THEY'RE ALL HERE! Pretty incredible. I had lunch with a bunch of them

yesterday at a very simple restaurant specialized in food from the

Northeast of Brazil called Mocotó, and you can see photos and even

a video of Joan Roca, Salvador Brugues and Oriol Castro (Ferran's right

hand man) at a samba show by clicking here

To see a full lineup of all the participating chefs, you can click here

Alexandra Forbes

Brazilian food and travel writer, @aleforbes on Twitter

Official Website

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello Ronaldoebt, yes, I have many many many photos of the Mesa Tendencias event. For those of you who understand Portuguese, the index of all that I wrote about the event, illustrated with photos and videos, is HERE.

For English speakers, you can read a full account in English of the amazing dinner that Alex Atala served to all the Spanish greats at the close of Mesa Tendencias - attended by Berasategui, Arzak, Adrià, Joan Roca, Andoni Aduriz, Josean Alija, etc - with a video and a description of all the Amazonian ingredients, by clicking HERE.

Alexandra Forbes

Brazilian food and travel writer, @aleforbes on Twitter

Official Website