• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Panico's Brick Oven Pizza

Daniel

Panico's Brick Oven Pizza

94 Church Street

New Brunswick, NJ

http://www.panicosrestaurant.com/brickoven.html

2995722017_1b5f9e8072.jpg

Showed up to lunch on maybe a game day? I am not sure but, the place was not too busy.. The restaurant does in fact have a wood burning brick oven..

Simple pizza place food.. A few pastas, sandwiches and pies.. They have a liquor license and we bought a decent Valpolacella for 19 dollars.

Started with a cesar salad..

Dressing was mayo:

2996555910_3c08e6881f.jpg

Fried Calamari- It was ok.. Sauce was bright and tangy.. Could have used more then a thimble full..

2996570814_1b70e353a4.jpg

Plain pie for the table.. We assumed it was Neapolitan but, it was NJ Pizza Place Style.. A really nice slice for the style.. If I would have known I would have added toppings..

2996575504_b975caeb9f_b.jpg

And the bottom:

2996547458_fc9609e0e3.jpg

My favorite thing was Miss K's lasagna.. It had that tangy sauce, the pasta was well cooked, and it was filled with a ricotta and herb mixture.. It reminded me of the manicotti that I would get as a kid at our favorite Pizza Place..

2995726839_32fd37f49c.jpg

Place was priced well.. You can also just stop in for a regular slice from the pies sitting on the counter.. You can get a few beers, watch a game, there is a lot of room.. A great pizza place for a college town.. I would come back if in the area. Wouldnt sit and eat a meal unless I was with the little one.. Though, 19 dollar bottle of drinkable vino.. Also, if you get a salad, I would suggest oil and vinegar on the side.