• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

e-gullet meal in Paris

thefoodhunter

Sounds like Thursday March 6 is best for most. Lets do it! I'm in!! Somewhere cheap yet good. We're not going for the food per se, we're going to be food geeks and have a laugh! We have to start somewhere so lets go to one of the table d'hote places, we'll all eat the same food and sample several different wines. Whaddya say?

Marc Cosnard des Closets

David Bizer

Jen M

Martin Rosen

Delights

Balex

Kathy P

Loufood (who should be done with her exams)

OK I've reserved at Os a Moelle for the following 8 people at 7:30 pm (19h30) on Thursday March 6, in my name Marc Cosnard des Closets.

Marc Cosnard des Closets

David Bizer

Jen M

Martin Rosen

Delights

Balex

Kathy P

Loufood

Anyone can't make it let me know by private message.

Hello all, I will not be able to attend the first egullet meal, I have an emergency work situation that I must attend to. The reservation in my name still stands however, if anyone wants to bring a buddy in my stead let me know else I'll change the reservation to 7 people it now includes:

David Bizer

Jen M

Delights

Balex

Kathy P + husband

Loufood

Hmmm...this leaves...

ME

delights

Kathy P and husband

JenM

Should we try and reschedule this again???? No offense at all to Kathy P, but one interest of mine in organizing this dinner was to meet egullet paris residents. With Marc, Loufood and Balex out, dare I say, it might make sense to try again???

I called the restaurant to change the reservation to 5 people for David, Kathy P and husband, delights and Jen M. If you plan to not go please call them to cancel. The reservation is in my name and I don't want to get a bad rep with them. Delights has said he will be 15 minutes late.

What happened to Kathy P and husband and Jen M? David Bizer called the restaurant to cancel as did delights. Tony Finch is right, "nous sommes incapables d'organiser une beuverie dans une brasserie". I'll take the blame for bailing out of the dinner first, I was offered a very high paying job that involved business dinner that night. I was saddened to get a phone call from l'Os à Moelle yesterday asking where all the guests were. I am guessing that some of you may have a hard time pronouncing my long last name, so does 95% of the French population. Next time I'll just use my first name. A bientôt j'espere....

Marc, I did call the restaurant to cancel. Thursday morning at about 11:00 a.m. The woman I spoke to indicated she understood the cancellation was for 2 of the 5 under your name. Perhaps not. I am sorry to hear that the restaurant had to call you.

So guys, what happened? Martin Rosen (aka Macrosan) suggested it would be great for the London Egulliters also and I couldn't agree more. Maybe you should appoint one of the 'main UK Egulleteers (i.e. Martin, Tony, Simon etc) to promote the next one in the UK as I am convinced that you would certainly get a few (depending on my work commitments you'd certainly get me - so be warned!). As Martin said Paris is a hop skip and a jump for anybody living in the South.