• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

e-gullet meal in Paris

thefoodhunter

I just had a wonderful dinner with Bux and Mrs. Bux in Paris. We discussed the site and I wondered why there hasn't been an egullet event in Paris. It would certainly raise the awareness of the French culinary world to this excellent site. Are there any other egulleteers living here besides me? I would suggest a meal at a reasonably priced, easy to organize with a month's advance notice establishment. How about first week in December. I would be happy to help organize the meal with input from others living here.

Great coincidence. I actually met Bux and his wife the other day as well, discussing the same thing. There are certainly a few residents of Paris on this board, and and decent likelihood of a couple of visitors depending on the timing. Since we all have an appreciation for food in common, I'd love to get involved in organizing something. If we can kick something off, maybe it becomes a monthly event. I know a great "sleeper" bistro in the 7eme if that's of interest? They have some of the best moellux au chocolat! Let's get this rolling!

Marc- The restaurant is La Brunie on rue Surcouf. Know it?

Steve--I don't see why anyone couldn't join if they wanted to.

Bux told me someone called "Loufood" lives in the 7th. Anyone know this person?

Should we try to set this up for the first week of December??

Well we're game for Monday. :biggrin: We leave for the provinces on Tuesday morning.

I really enjoyed meeting David and Marc and his wife Nikki. (sp?) I am still trying to figure out if C'amelot was a terrific restaurant, or if it was the company. I suspect it was both.

Robert Buxbaum

WorldTable

Recent WorldTable posts include: comments about reporting on Michelin stars in The NY Times, the NJ proposal to ban foie gras, Michael Ruhlman's comments in blogs about the NJ proposal and Bill Buford's New Yorker article on the Food Network.

My mailbox is full. You may contact me via worldtable.com.

• 3 months later...

I don't live in Paris, but I will be there for one month beginning February 27 to celebrate my retirement. I'm not a food expert, by any means. I do love a good meal and over the years have had my most memorable meals in France - usually while on business while someone else is picking up the tab. If you would have me, I'd love to join in if I'm in town.

I hope the place of a restaurant will be found easily.

I'll very delighted to be between epicurean persons.

I'ts a great honor to celebratre this great website.

I've not any preference for the day.

Philippe raynaud

Les d�lices du Net

Les D�lices de Daubenton-Paris

I can't make it, :sad: but I suggest it may be some time before I can and hope someone gets the ball rolling so it will be easier to do it again when I do get to Paris. Maybe the fall would be a good time for the second annual dinner. I'm very curious as to where you will dine.

Robert Buxbaum

WorldTable

Recent WorldTable posts include: comments about reporting on Michelin stars in The NY Times, the NJ proposal to ban foie gras, Michael Ruhlman's comments in blogs about the NJ proposal and Bill Buford's New Yorker article on the Food Network.

My mailbox is full. You may contact me via worldtable.com.

It seems to be quite difficult to get this off the ground. For the proposed date of Feb. 28, only Marc and I have confirmed. Is it the date, or are there really just a handful of us actually residing in Paris?

Taking a look at the previous responses, the following people seem to be interested:

Marc

Balex

Loufood (prefers Friday or Saturday nights)

Kathy P (if we get it together before March 27)

Delights

JenM (can't make Feb. 28)

A group of six or seven would be fun. Can we come up with a date that works for most of us?

I just found this thread by accident, not being a regular browser of the France Forum. I strongly recommend you post a connecting link to the UK Forum. I, and I'm sure a number of others who live in the Southeast, would be delighted to come to an eGullet meal in Paris. It's only a Eurostar ride or a short drive in the car away :smile:

As this discussion began in last october,maybe now

It's time now to have an exact date

On saturday 22 march this would be nice according

to business imperatives of everyone.

The limit answer of participation would be given on

15 th march,and also the place of the restaurant.

For the persons who couldn't come there would be

easily in the next months some others meals.

8 to 10 persons would be welcomed for the first meal.

Philippe raynaud

Les d�lices du Net

Les D�lices de Daubenton-Paris