• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Halloween Customs & Resturants

RichyRich

I have this cool idea/desire? Would it be acceptable this Friday Oct 31 Halloween night to go to fine dining or trendy restaurant like NOBU in my pajamas for dinner? I would go dressed as this because it’s Halloween of course, very comfortable and when the heck can you go to a NOBUesque restaurant in your pjs? If not pajamas is it acceptable to go in a costume at all?

"I bid you peace, until we meet again"

~Frugal Gourmet Jeff Smith

I took the 8 year old to Peking House in Midtown last Friday night.. She was very cute wearing a kitty outfit complete with the ears and tail.. All the waiters were in tuxedos and most of the patrons were pretty dressed.. My whole party besides her were in sports coats and dresses.. (One or the other)

Now, I dont know if this would work for adults.. But Nobu wouldnt be a problem.. And I know Mr. Chows certainly wouldnt be..

Edited by Daniel (log)

I have this cool idea/desire? Would it be acceptable this Friday Oct 31 Halloween night to go to fine dining or trendy restaurant like NOBU in my pajamas for dinner? I would go dressed as this because it’s Halloween of course, very comfortable and when the heck can you go to a NOBUesque restaurant in your pjs? If not pajamas is it acceptable to go in a costume at all?

Are you Julian Schnabel. If not, I wouldn't suggest it...