• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Crockery - Cookbooks for Crock Pots

A recent college graduate on a shoestring budget, my sister recently received a crock pot from our dear mum. I would like to supplement that gift with a decent crock pot cookbook. Are there any out there that are particularly user-friendly for a (very) unkitchen-friendly, lazy, and thrifty cook?

Your help is appreciated.

“Watermelon - it’s a good fruit. You eat, you drink, you wash your face.”

Italian tenor Enrico Caruso (1873-1921)

ulteriorepicure.com

My flickr account

ulteriorepicure@gmail.com

One I use over and over is "Fresh from the Vegetarian Slow Cooker". Good recipes, and thrifty because it is vegetarian.

A recent college graduate on a shoestring budget, my sister recently received a crock pot from our dear mum. I would like to supplement that gift with a decent crock pot cookbook.  Are there any out there that are particularly user-friendly for a (very) unkitchen-friendly, lazy, and thrifty cook?

Your help is appreciated.

My favorite - long since out of print - is "The Best of Electric Crockery Cooking" by Jacqueline Heriteau. Lots of copies on Abebooks very inexpensively.

Solid recipes, no fancy ingredients to buy. Explains all techniques well and clearly.