• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Favorite Italian Dishes

LittleChef22

• 2 years later...

Unquestionably it would have to be anything to do with vegetables. The last time I posted to this thread was in 2011 and I've broadened my experiences since then.

Stufato di verdure ("vegetable stew") is probably number one these days.

Cavolfiore con pomodoro ("cauliflower with tomato") is a second.

Then, there are the salads: insalata di funghi ("fennel and mushroom salad, with Parmgiano-Reggiano cheese") insalata di finocchio e arance ("fennel and orange salad"), insalata di zucchine e pomodoro ("zucchini and tomato salad").

Too many for me to name, but those are just a handful of things I look forward to.

Edited by SobaAddict70 (log)

Cannelloni al Forna   Time-life  'Foods of Italy" Rx  all ingredients must be purchased in 'little Italy'

saltinboca a la romana  also from the above and 'Little Italy'

Stuffed Shells, stuffed w ricotta and basil Parmesan etc  Meat sauce  Ground beef OK here    :blink:

Antipasti a must heavy on the thinly sliced cured meats

Lasagna   An early Test Kitchen Rx got rave reviews even from Italians Ive made i for.  The ones from Italy

Stracciatella alla romana

Minestrone  a la Marcella Hazan

crusty bread, but probably not Italian   :huh:   French is good here.  for International Relations.

Zabaglione

burp.

Edited by rotuts (log)
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

My Favourite Italian Recipes are:

Hare Ragu with Papperdelle

Bucatini All'Amatriciana (Bucatini has to be fresh!!)

and I love Cotechino (sausage type thing) with lentils and pureed potato. I think this is a new yeas eve special. 

mmm

email: sophie@cookscook.co.uk

twitter: cookscookuk instagram: cookscookuk

• 3 weeks later...

Dinner at Corale Verdi, Parma yesterday.

Had some of the dishes listed here: mixed salumi with fried dough pillows and bollito misto.

And risotto Giuseppe Verdi, must add risotto Giuseppe Verdi to my dish list.

Pity i left home my camera.

Edited by Hermann Morr (log)

• 2 weeks later...