• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

pontassieve

pfunk_49

hello, this is my first eGullet post so I'll introduce myself. My name is Paul Funk and I am currently a private chef in Wyoming with mostly fine dining experience at Colorado ski resorts. The reason I left restaurant life (temporary) is because private work allows me to collect a little nest egg, but mainly have paid time off to do some stages.

I've just lined up three months of work at TOSCANI DA SEMPRE in Pontassieve, about 18 km from Firenze. I'm just wondering if anyone has any insight into this restaurant. I don't know much about the place because a friend of a friend ( a very trustworthy one) set it up. Apparently this chef (Stefano) also runs LOCANDA CON CUCINA.

Thanks in advance!