• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Wybauw's ganache trays

purple-klick

I mentioned this a while ago, but I made frames from a couple of $3 Ikea cutting boards. Hubby cut out a 7 1/4 by 9 1/4 space in the middle with a dremel tool cutting disc. The overlap is just so that I have a little safety margin in case they aren't lined up completely straight. The boards are about 1/4 inch thick, so using 2 is the perfect way to make 2 layer fillings.

No, the corners are cut off for ergonomics/aesthetics. The direction in which you tilt a scraping device determines whether the resultant surface will be raised, recessed or flush with the frame. The chamfer is on the bottom, allowing for consistent results post-scrape.

Formerly known as "Melange"