• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Good Price on Chocolate

Kerry Beal

Got a call today to say that the New World Chocolate that Tomric has had produced is going to be discontinued. It can be purchased for a very reasonable price from them.

While we are not talking Bonnet here, this is nice couverture chocolate in the belgian style and would be great to have around for making some basic items.

Let me know if you need to know who to contact there.

I'm not familiar with this chocolate Kerry, could you tell me more about it? Is it good eating/baking chocolate or more in the range of chocolate decoration that could but not likely would be eaten usage?

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

I'm not familiar with this chocolate Kerry, could you tell me more about it? Is it good eating/baking chocolate or more in the range of chocolate decoration that could but not likely would be eaten usage?

I've already sent Kerry a PM, but I'm curious too. I would only be using it for baking, as a sub for my usual Callebaut.

Baker of "impaired" cakes...

It is a chocolate that would be suitable for molding, baking, ganaches to which you were going to add flavourings. At the price - you could use it for chocolate showpieces too. It's a good 'basic' chocolate, nothing startling in the flavour.

If I were going to make a bunch of chocolate suckers for halloween or bunnies for easter I wouldn't hesitate to use this chocolate.

Edited by Kerry Beal (log)

Perfect for the buttercrunch.

I typed 'Kerry's Buttercrunch' into the eG search engine and got back more entries than I could deal with in a week.

Pray tell, what is Kerry's Buttercrunch and how do you make it? Thanks. :smile:

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

Perfect for the buttercrunch.

I typed 'Kerry's Buttercrunch' into the eG search engine and got back more entries than I could deal with in a week.

Pray tell, what is Kerry's Buttercrunch and how do you make it? Thanks. :smile:

It's in the eGCI and should be in recipeGullet as well (but it seems to be down right now). Just search for buttercrunch - I don't think it's called 'Kerry's buttercrunch'.

Edited by Kerry Beal (log)

It's in the eGCI and should be in recipeGullet as well (but it seems to be down right now).  Just search for buttercrunch - I don't think it's called 'Kerry's buttercrunch'.

The Recipe section should be back in operation soon and I'll get it then. Thanks. And thanks for always helping me navigate this amazing organization.

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

It's in the eGCI and should be in recipeGullet as well (but it seems to be down right now).  Just search for buttercrunch - I don't think it's called 'Kerry's buttercrunch'.

The Recipe section should be back in operation soon and I'll get it then. Thanks. And thanks for always helping me navigate this amazing organization.

I only called it Kerry's Buttercrunch because she made it for/with me last year. :biggrin:

Kerry's Buttercrunch. Yummmm...

I see that the RecipeGullet is still not back up. Is there any chance that a kind soul will give me the buttercrunch recipe? Suddenly I have this urge for buttercrunch dipped in chocolate.

Thanks. :raz: (That's supposed to indicate 'yummy')

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

Kerry's Buttercrunch.  Yummmm...

I see that the RecipeGullet is still not back up.  Is there any chance that a kind soul will give me the buttercrunch recipe?  Suddenly I have this urge for buttercrunch dipped in chocolate.

Thanks.  :raz:  (That's supposed to indicate 'yummy')

Here you are almond butter crunch.

Got a call today to say that the New World Chocolate that Tomric has had produced is going to be discontinued.  It can be purchased for a very reasonable price from them. 

While we are not talking Bonnet here, this is nice couverture chocolate in the belgian style and would be great to have around for making some basic items. 

Hello Kerry, I would like to know the contact person for the chocolate. I like your suggestion for using it for such things as ganache. I have tried it at the trade show in Atlantic city and I found it rather bland in flavor. Thanks for letting us know about the chocolate being offered at a discontinued price.

:smile:

Pat

Pat

Got a call today to say that the New World Chocolate that Tomric has had produced is going to be discontinued.  It can be purchased for a very reasonable price from them. 

Hello Kerry, I would like to know the contact person for the chocolate. I like your suggestion for using it for such things as ganache. I have tried it at the trade show in Atlantic city and I found it rather bland in flavor. Thanks for letting us know about the chocolate being offered at a discontinued price.

:smile:

Pat

PMing the information to you as we speak.

Hi Kerry

Its been awhile, but looks like I came back just in time for a deal!

I received samples of this chocolate after I attended a food show here, its funny they were still trying to market it.

I would also like some contact info if you don't mind.

Btw, saw the catalog with your DVD's in there, congrats!

Hi Kerry

Its been awhile, but looks like I came back just in time for a deal!

I received samples of this chocolate after I attended a food show here, its funny they were still trying to market it.

I would also like some contact info if you don't mind.

Btw, saw the catalog with your DVD's in there, congrats!

Hey Mary,

I've PM'ed the information to you. Perhaps that was the show that convinced them it was time to unload chocolate - I don't know - I don't think people see it as their niche in the market - so I guess it was a really hard sell.

Have my DVD's finally made it into the Tomric catalogue? Woohoo!

Kerry, is the chocolate going to be on the web site or need to contact someone there? If so could I have the contact info as well? Thank you.

PMing you the contact information.