• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

food dishes of the 1980s

Chilled “Kiwi” Gazpacho

- Chicken Breast wrapped in parma ham with a salad of kiwi fruit.

- Kiwi crème brulee

that made me laugh :laugh:

chicken wrapped and with various stuffings certainly seemed to become popular in the eighties.

from what little experience i have of dining in the eighties i certainly remember my father cooking from josceline dimbleby such exotic recipes as a whole pumpkin filled with some sort of gingery, cashewy chickeny mix, it was delicious! a bombe with grated chocolate in the centre and lots of pavlovas.

i made crepes suzette the other day and it was awesome. more sweet sauces should be mounted with butter and loaded with alcohol!

the rise of m & s party food?

Matt Christmas.

Chilled “Kiwi” Gazpacho

- Kiwi crème brulee

chicken wrapped and with various stuffings certainly seemed to become popular in the eighties.

from what little experience i have of dining in the eighties i certainly remember my father cooking from josceline dimbleby such exotic recipes as a whole pumpkin filled with some sort of gingery, cashewy chickeny mix, it was delicious! a bombe with grated chocolate in the centre and lots of pavlovas.

i made crepes suzette the other day and it was awesome. more sweet sauces should be mounted with butter and loaded with alcohol!

Matt Christmas.

Chilled “Kiwi” Gazpacho

- Kiwi crème brulee

Matt Christmas.