• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Recent downtime

Fat Guy

For the past week or so we've experienced an unusual amount of downtime, and last night we had a complete failure of the primary hard drive on our server. This morning the eGullet.org website and database were migrated to a new server, a process that took several hours on account of the size of our database. We are back up and running now, but there may be some residual issues. We are working on them. (It's also possible that some overnight posts were lost in the shuffle, but if so it's a very small number.)

With relish,

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

RecipeGullet is back up and running, as seem to be all our web services. Please PM or email me, Dave the Cook or chrisamirault if you notice anything else amiss. Many thanks.

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)