• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

more re cake pans

devlin

You'd think it would be simple, but I'm trying to track down diamond-shaped cake pans (not square, diamond). Like the pans Martha Stewart used to make the wedding cake in Baking With Julia. I've tried my usual sources, done a mess of searches, googled til I'm blue in the face. Nothing.

In case you're not successful in locating the diamond-shaped pans, you can cut a square cake on the diagonal and then butt the bases against each other to form a diamond.

How frustrating, though, to know they exist and not be able to find them!!

Life is short. Eat the roasted cauliflower first.

In case you're not successful in locating the diamond-shaped pans, you can cut a square cake on the diagonal and then butt the bases against each other to form a diamond. 

How frustrating, though, to know they exist and not be able to find them!!

It is frustrating. And they're beautiful too. If there's any way I can get away with not cutting to shape, I'd prefer it. I've been sort of resigning myself to the notion of it though. Maddening. The next step is to see if there's anyway to contact somebody about it at her web site.

There's a company I've bought from in the past, Lorraine's near Cape Cod. She stocks the imported Australian pans, which come in a diamond shape. The pans are 3" high, and you need to be careful about washing/drying them. They tell you to line the pans with parchment in case of leaking but I haven't had to.

Her website is here: Lorraine's Cake Supply

And the pans are here: Diamond shape pans

Edited by JeanneCake (log)

There's a company I've bought from in the past, Lorraine's near Cape Cod.  She stocks the imported Australian pans, which come in a diamond shape.  The pans are 3" high, and you need to be careful about washing/drying them.  They tell you to line the pans with parchment in case of leaking but I haven't had to.

Her website is here:  Lorraine's Cake Supply

And the pans are  here:  Diamond shape pans

Jeanne, you're my hero! Thank you. And I was actually wondering where I might find the flat-top as well. Yay!