• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

el bulli 2009 reservations

camdan

Success!! Received this morning at just after 3am Pacific time, for reservations in October.

For those still waiting: I also was worried that the email may have been lost. I can remove at least one worry: Mr. Garcia did use the reply button, so you need not worry that there may have been an error in transcribing or re-typing your email address.

Best of luck to all still waiting!

I got a reservation a few days ago... Extremely excited - only took two years. Sent in a specific one month date range.

"We regret to be late giving you an answer. The demand has been again extraordinary and is difficult to go on with the management. We have found a solution and have an option for you on

[Date] under the name:

Ferran Adrià will prepare a personalized tasting menu. You will try many different elaborations and it means many different products. It is very important for his confection to know in advance if some problem exists, like allergies or any other product that we could not include for anyone of you.

I wait your news to fix the option and also with regard to this question to fix all the details at your reservation.

I also ask you to give us a direct phone number to contact you, only if necessary, during your time in our area.

Sincerely yours,

Luis Garcia"

Looking at "A Day at El Bulli," it looks like the reservations are divided between people in Spain and people outside the country, and between first-timers and the el Bulli experienced."

I went to a presentation he gave at Harvard last night and, of course, the reservation question came up. He said that reservations are reserved 50% for those that have dined there before and 50% for new guests (he didn't mention the country question). He did seem generally upset that so few people were able to go, not that that helps those of us who keep getting rejections.... :sad:

I'm still waiting as well. When do they stop sending notices? I'm afraid my spam blocker might have blocked it if I did get a notice, but if Mr. Garcia presses the reply button then it shouldn't be blocked right? Here's hoping it comes as a Christmas present.

I'm still waiting as well. When do they stop sending notices? I'm afraid my spam blocker might have blocked it if I did get a notice, but if Mr. Garcia presses the reply button then it shouldn't be blocked right? Here's hoping it comes as a Christmas present.

That's what happened to me :)

Sister's boyfriend received an acceptance but kept it secret until today - we're in (table of 4) for 23rd September 2009!

Hooray!!

I found out on Dec. 5 that I got a table for two in September. First attempt. Got A Day at el Bulli for Christmas so will be spending the next nine months poring over that :)

Dylan Moran: Stay away from the local delicacies. They're local for a reason: no-one likes them!

I found out on Dec. 5 that I got a table for two in September. First attempt. Got A Day at el Bulli for Christmas so will be spending the next nine months poring over that :)

Congratulations on your success. Can you share your email strategy with us? What did you write?

Thanks

Taco Truck or Per Se - No matter as long as passion drives the food

Congratulations on your success. Can you share your email strategy with us? What did you write?

Thanks

We got our confirmation email on Dec 15th for a table in September. It looks like the confirmation are sent out in chronological order of bookings. As they're open until December of next year, they may well still be sending them!

As for strategy, we just asked for a table for any day at all possible during the open season, it seemed to be the best option!

Lee

Edited by leecotton (log)

We got our confirmation email on Dec 15th for a table in September.  It looks like the confirmation are sent out in chronological order of bookings. 

No, I got my confirmation before you for my reservation in October.

Edited by millions (log)

• 3 months later...
Is Ferran Adria typically in the restaurant each night it's open? My reservation is in October, and I notice that on October 11 he is scheduled to appear at the New York City Wine & Food Festival.

Are you sure that isn't the 2008 schedule? He did appear in NYC then, but elBulli was already closed for the season. This year's elBulli schedule is different than past years as it is starting and finishing later. I have not seen anything about a 2009 NYC Wine and Food Festival just yet. I know that Starchefs has tried to get him to come to their ICC in September, but he hasn't because of the conflict with the elBulli schedule.

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

Is Ferran Adria typically in the restaurant each night it's open? My reservation is in October, and I notice that on October 11 he is scheduled to appear at the New York City Wine & Food Festival.

Are you sure that isn't the 2008 schedule? He did appear in NYC then, but elBulli was already closed for the season. This year's elBulli schedule is different than past years as it is starting and finishing later. I have not seen anything about a 2009 NYC Wine and Food Festival just yet. I know that Starchefs has tried to get him to come to their ICC in September, but he hasn't because of the conflict with the elBulli schedule.

Ah, you are correct. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

seriously though, good luck all, i already have a reminder in my calendar for when to send the next reservation request.

So, in the rejection e-mails and on the web site it says there won't be info about 2010 until the end of December. But I notice everyone who sent in a request for 2009 did so in October. Have they changed their policy on when to accept requests? If I want to try for 2010 do I need to do so in October, despite what the e-mail and web site say?

Finally, I'm new here. Should I be asking this in a new thread, e.g. El Bulli 2010 reservations?

Thanks,

Denny

seriously though, good luck all, i already have a reminder in my calendar for when to send the next reservation request.

So, in the rejection e-mails and on the web site it says there won't be info about 2010 until the end of December. But I notice everyone who sent in a request for 2009 did so in October. Have they changed their policy on when to accept requests? If I want to try for 2010 do I need to do so in October, despite what the e-mail and web site say?

Finally, I'm new here. Should I be asking this in a new thread, e.g. El Bulli 2010 reservations?

Thanks,

Denny

In previous years the restaurant was open April to October, this year it is June to December. I assume they don't do the next years reservations until the end of the season and this year it is a couple of months later.

In previous years the restaurant was open April to October, this year it is June to December. I assume they don't do the next years reservations until the end of the season and this year it is a couple of months later.

Ah, that explains it. Thanks so much. I guess we can all compare notes in January.