• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

el bulli 2009 reservations

camdan

Remember that the 2009 season goes from mid-June to just before Christmas!

You see, I probably should have read this before I sent off my request for late-April. As a bald, yellow man once said: "D'oh!"

Still no word as yet. They do this every year: taunt me into thinking I might have a place, but then sending me a refusal at the last minute. Oh well, I shouldn't complain really, since we got in on our first attempt a few years ago. I'm just being greedy!

they are open next year till the 20th of december. i am assuming they will close for christmas after that. i will start with the emails Jan 2 2010

i already have a reminder in my calendar for when to send the next reservation request.

What date have you put in for next year?

pst. have you tried the Seville restaurant - simply fabulous - but don't tell anyone I told you as I'd hate that to become just as over subscribed. OK - so they don't quite do as up to the moment dishes of Roses but its pretty damned close to perfection nonetheless

I sent my request on the 14th, and haven't heard anything. Maybe no news is good news?

Last year, I received my No, end of November. Good Luck...

What a party pooper (hoping to make El Bulli part of honeymoon in June and haven't heard anything yet).

As late as you receive the e-mail, the chance to get a table increase. But....

• 3 weeks later...
Has anybody heard or received any acceptance e-mails from El Bulli? Just wondering when they would be sending those out.

I Had a great meal in 2007, and told Luis how thankful we were. He spoke of a tedious process with little sleep (reservations). Ill keep requesting though. I do find it nice that a formal response is given considering the thousands of emails that must come mid October for 8000 or so seats.

Nathan Conner

I received this on 10/29.

The demand that we have received at the first moment has again surpassed our limited possibilities for one season and we regret not to be able to full fill more reservation requests.

We thank you sincerely for all your interest and we will be at your disposal if you wish to revise the situation during the season, near your available dates as we must confirm all the reservations 10 days in advance.

Tel. +34 972 15 04 57 (during the season - after 3.00 p.m.)

2009 Season - Open from June 16th to December 20th

Only dinner service 7.30 – 9.30 p.m. except on some Saturdays of September-October-November and December that we will be open for lunch (1.00 – 2.30 p.m.) and closed for dinner.

NORMALLY MONDAY AND TUESDAY CLOSED

SEE EXCEPTIONS OF OUR 2009 CALENDAR AT www.elbulli.com (see reservations)

2010 RESERVATIONS

We do not have information about 2010 season at this moment but we never start the management until we have finished the season before.

You will find information at www.elbulli.com see reservations) in December 2009.

Sincerely yours,

Luis Garcia

Edited by nhconner (log)

Has anybody heard or received any acceptance e-mails from El Bulli? Just wondering when they would be sending those out.

I Had a great meal in 2007, and told Luis how thankful we were. He spoke of a tedious process with little sleep (reservations). Ill keep requesting though. I do find it nice that a formal response is given considering the thousands of emails that must come mid October for 8000 or so seats.

Nathan Conner

I received this on 10/29.

The demand that we have received at the first moment has again surpassed our limited possibilities for one season and we regret not to be able to full fill more reservation requests.

We thank you sincerely for all your interest and we will be at your disposal if you wish to revise the situation during the season, near your available dates as we must confirm all the reservations 10 days in advance.

Tel. +34 972 15 04 57 (during the season - after 3.00 p.m.)

2009 Season - Open from June 16th to December 20th

Only dinner service 7.30 – 9.30 p.m. except on some Saturdays of September-October-November and December that we will be open for lunch (1.00 – 2.30 p.m.) and closed for dinner.

NORMALLY MONDAY AND TUESDAY CLOSED

SEE EXCEPTIONS OF OUR 2009 CALENDAR AT www.elbulli.com (see reservations)

2010 RESERVATIONS

We do not have information about 2010 season at this moment but we never start the management until we have finished the season before.

You will find information at www.elbulli.com see reservations) in December 2009.

Sincerely yours,

Luis Garcia

Just received the good news that I'll be dining there June 16th! Anyone else heard!?

In for 2 on June 24th.

Did you only just receive this confirmation, or did you get it a while ago? I received my rejection email log ago, but my partner has yet to receive any response, so I'm hoping they just haven't got round to sending the confirmation to her!

Lee

In for 2 on June 24th.

Did you only just receive this confirmation, or did you get it a while ago? I received my rejection email log ago, but my partner has yet to receive any response, so I'm hoping they just haven't got round to sending the confirmation to her!

Lee

I got it this morning.

In for 2 on June 24th.

Lee

Got it this morning at about 5:30am Central time

-Josh

Now blogging at http://jesteinf.wordpress.com/

I sent in a request on the 15 on october, and I was very excited when rejection time came and I didnt receive anything. But now that some people have gotten acceptance letters and I havent gotten anything, Im getting really worried.

According to the 2007 thread, quite a bunch of people got theirs on 5th december, so my fingers are still crossed

In for 2 on June 24th.

Lee

Got it this morning at about 5:30am Central time

Sweet!

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz