• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

el bulli 2009 reservations

camdan

No topic yet? Judgment day approaches.

By the way, how does this work exactly? I'll try to get a reservation at el Bulli for the first time, and I don't really care about the exact day I'll go, can I just send an email stating that any day is fine or does one have to specify an exact reservation day/time?

By the way, how does this work exactly? I'll try to get a reservation at el Bulli for the first time, and I don't really care about the exact day I'll go, can I just send an email stating that any day is fine or does one have to specify an exact reservation day/time?

I would suggest giving an exact date or range of dates that would be preferred, but also mention that you would be flexible if it made a difference.

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

They've been taking requests for reservations since about 25 minutes ago (Midnight Oct 14, CET). And according to Luis, the "first moment" reservation period will be open for the next 3 days.

Good luck to us all!

Remember that the 2009 season goes from mid-June to just before Christmas!

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

Twitter - @docsconz

They've been taking requests for reservations since about 25 minutes ago (Midnight Oct 14, CET).  And according to Luis, the "first moment" reservation period will be open for the next 3 days.

Good luck to us all!

Does that mean that any requests sent in earlier will automatically be rejected? I e-mailed this morning, but haven't received a reply indicating my , so I'd love to know whether I need to send another message now...

Matthew Kayahara

Kayahara.ca

@mtkayahara

They've been taking requests for reservations since about 25 minutes ago (Midnight Oct 14, CET).  And according to Luis, the "first moment" reservation period will be open for the next 3 days.

Good luck to us all!

Does that mean that any requests sent in earlier will automatically be rejected? I e-mailed this morning, but haven't received a reply indicating my , so I'd love to know whether I need to send another message now...

I think you'll probably be ok with anything from the 14th-16th.

I just emailed off my request for 2009. In my request I gave three preferred dates but also said that I would be happy to take any date that they offered.

I was lucky enough to get a reservation in 2007 using this method (and got my first choice date), no joy in 2008 though.

I have just emailed a booking enquiry and it was deleted without it being read!  Do they restrict the number of places you can reserve.  There is a group of 10 of us wanting to go - will they consider a group that large?

It probably does not enhance your chances. The largest parties I have been part of or seen are 6 people.

Twitter - @docsconz

I have just emailed a booking enquiry and it was deleted without it being read!

How do you know that?

At a guess Tracy requested a read receipt and got a "receipt" saying that the message was deleted without being read.

Unfortunately if the recipient uses Outlook this doesn't mean anything - it is very easy to "read" an email without a read receipt being generated, particularly if you use Outlook's "Preview pane". I think that "your message was deleted without being read" can be generated by Outlook even if the recipient has read receipts turned off, but I'm not certain.

The other problem is that if a mailbox is "delegated" to another user then emails may be "read" by more than one person. This means that this message from El Bulli may not even mean that there is no chance of getting a reservation.

Personally I request read receipts if I want to know that my email has been received, but I know full well that I will not get one in many cases...

Looking at "A Day at El Bulli," it looks like the reservations are divided between people in Spain and people outside the country, and between first-timers and the el Bulli experienced. Those four groups are then divided into reservations that request a specific day (like birthdays and anniversaries) and those that are completely open. I lucked out, and got in on my first try, which I wrote about here:

http://imoralist.blogspot.com/2008/07/dinn...ere-part-1.html

Good luck!

Michael

Judgement day has come.

A bit like getting my exam results in the post and not good news. A few minutes of disappointment followed by envy of more fortunate others!

must try harder next year

fingers crossed for re-takes in 2010

fergal

Judgement day has come.

A bit like getting my exam results in the post and not good news. A few minutes of disappointment followed by envy of more fortunate others!

must try harder next year

fingers crossed for re-takes in 2010

fergal

Yes, same result for me. I've decided not to bother again next year. It's not so much the disappointment of getting turned down year after year (the odds favour that), more the envy of those who get in on their first attempt.

Just received

The demand that we have received at the first moment has again surpassed our limited possibilities for one season and we regret not to be able to full fill more reservation requests.

We thank you sincerely for all your interest and we will be at your disposal if you wish to revise the situation during the season, near your available dates as we must confirm all the reservations 10 days in advance.

Tel. +34 972 15 04 57 (during the season - after 3.00 p.m.)

Good luck

Nuno

just got slammed too..

will any of you lucky people who get a reservation spare a seat for a fellow egulleteer? especially one who's not too proud to beg?

ill trade hotel and sightseeing recommendations for it!!

seriously though, good luck all, i already have a reminder in my calendar for when to send the next reservation request.