• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dessert Fourplay by Johnny Iuzzini

Tri2Cook

Anybody else excited about this one? I've already preordered it. I've been looking forward to it since I first heard it was going to happen.

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

• 2 weeks later...

I am kind of excited (freaked out over the extensive use of "novel" starches at his website, I'm so backwards as usual). I'll wait for your take on the book if you don't mind :wink:

I know it really has nothing to do with his skill (he is an award-winning pastry chef after all), but I keep rolling my eyes each time I see his giant face on the cover!

Mark

The Gastronomer's Bookshelf - Collaborative book reviews about food and food culture. Submit a review today! :)

No Special Effects - my reader-friendly blog about food and life.

Yeah, I've been following his site for quite a while. I've done a few of the recipes from it already. To be honest, I buy books more for learning techniques and for inspiration than for the actual recipes but I haven't been disappointed with any from the site that I tried.

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

• 2 weeks later...