• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Krispy Kreme

torakris

• 3 months later...

I first discovered Krisp Kreme’s many years ago in Memphis.  I loved to visit Graceland that monument to bad taste!  We stopped at a KK with the light on and it was love at first bite.  Now if I want one it is a 3 hour round trip.  Fortunately we make that trip if

we want to do some shopping.

If anyone is passing thru Springfield Illinois, a visit to Mel-O-Cream is worth your time.

They are nothing like KK’s, but I can and have eaten my weight in Chocolate Old Fashions.  That is one at the bottom of the picture.  They freeze well, so buy a couple

dozen.

0D5BC282-9A7C-4F2F-8836-6A2C02AAE6C4.jpeg

• Like 2

How can you govern a country which has 246 varieties of cheese?

Charles De Gaulle, in "Les Mots du General", 1962

"Krispy Kreme Debuts Mississippi Mud Pie, Banana Pudding, and Coconut Cake Doughnuts"

As Southerners, and chocolate fans, we must admit we're most excited for the Mississippi Mud Pie Doughnut, which the company press release describes as "filled with Chocolate Pie Kreme, dipped in chocolate icing, topped with cookie and graham crumbles, and finished with a marshmallow drizzle." Next up in the new line of treats is the Banana Pudding Doughnut, which is filled with banana pudding, dipped in yellow icing and garnished with three small vanilla wafer cookies. Rounding out the mix is the Coconut Cake Doughnut, a coconut-flavored cake-doughnut covered in cream cheese icing and topped with shredded coconut.

Anyone willing to take one for the team and try them out?xD

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

• 5 months later...

"Krispy Kreme Is Adding Caramel Glazed Donuts To Menus For A Limited Time And We Are PUMPED"

Starting today, you can get two new caramel-flavored donuts at Krispy Kreme shops.

First up, of course, is the Caramel Glazed Doughnut. It's made with a classic Original Glazed Doughnut covered in rich caramel glaze to make it even better.

Then we have the Salted Double Caramel Crunch Doughnut. It's made with that very same Caramel Glazed Doughnut, which is then dipped in caramel icing and sprinkled with a salted crunch topping. No matter how you pronounce "caramel," these are about to be your new faves.

Tim Oliver

19 hours ago, Toliver said:

I'll try it, but I find that what lots of commercial bakers call "caramel" is actually a watery butterscotch or, worse, a fake burnt-maple tasting sauce.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2020 at 7:30 PM, Toliver said:

Doubt I'll try. Since KK has changed their glaze, and persists in glazing their doughnuts prior to dipping or frosting them, they're entirely too sweet for me.

We've got a regional chain here, Shipley's, which serves the purpose for me, on the rare occasion I ignore my GF issues.

• Like 1

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

Mr. Kim had a doctor’s appointment today, so on his way home he stopped at KK:

IMG_4064.thumb.jpg.6290a00dfbb91ffcf2d310ccdfd7c011.jpg

IMG_4065.jpg.b23cf8fd7390139a618a4a841b901241.jpg

The one on the right is just caramel glazed.  The one on the left is caramel glazed with caramel icing and a salty crunchy sprinkle on top.  As I feared, they were a little fake maple-y.  Mr. Kim and Jessica liked them better than I did.  The saltiness was nicely done – not the burn of cheap iodized salt. 

• Like 1
  • Delicious 1

• 1 month later...

"Krispy Kreme debuts 'Dessert Mini' doughnut collection with flavors inspired by non-doughnut desserts"

Included among the new flavors are: Strawberry Cheesecake, which is topped with cream cheese icing, Cheesecake Kreme, graham cracker crumbles and a strawberry ‘drizzle’; Lemon Bar, topped with yellow icing, shortbread crumbles, powdered sugar and lemon curd; Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, made with chocolate icing, a chocolate drizzle, chocolate chips and a ring of "cookie dough filling"; and Birthday Cake, with confetti cake crumbles, sprinkles, and "a dollop of birthday cake flavored buttercream."

The bolding in the quote is from me to highlight the 4 new flavors.

If anyone takes one (or 4) for the team, please report back.:D

Tim Oliver

• 3 weeks later...

Krispy Kreme is offering Valentine's Day-themed flavors:

"Krispy Kreme Unveiled Its Heart-Shaped Valentine’s Day Donuts That You Can Use To Send A Love Note"

First up is the Sprinkled Heart. It's filled with Cake Batter Kreme, dipped in red icing, and topped with heart sprinkles. Next is the Sugar Cookie Heart, which is filled with Sugar Cookie Kreme, then dipped and drizzled with white icing and sprinkled with Valentine’s sugar blend. The Strawberries & Kreme Heart is sure to be a favorite. It's filled with Strawberry Kreme, dipped in strawberry icing, and decorated with a sugar piece heart. Finally, we have the Chocolate Caramel Heart, which is filled with Caramel Kreme, dipped in chocolate icing, drizzled with white icing, and topped with Valentine confetti sprinkles.

There is a photo in the article showing each of the new four heart-shaped doughnuts.

Tim Oliver

• 2 months later...

Two new Limited Edition doughnuts at Krispy Kreme:

"Krispy Kreme Has An All-New Oreo Glaze And This Is The Best News We've Heard All Year"

The Oreo Glazed Donut is covered in the Oreo Cookie Glaze, filled with Cookies and Kreme, and finished off with an icing drizzle and cookie pieces. Meanwhile, the Oreo Cookie Over-The-Top Donut is a cookie glazed donut with Cookies and Kreme filling, drizzled with chocolate icing and finished off with an Oreo cookie wafer.

There's a photo of the doughnuts in the article. They certainly look decadent.

Anyone willing to take one for the team and try these new doughnuts? Please report back.

• Like 1

Tim Oliver