• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

In the 12th, a Bistro?

dfunghi

I have tried to search all of the threads again to no avail so I plead for help from those of you with a better memory than mine.

There was a link to review of some bistros posted from a publication I can not remember. There was one listed for the 12th, off the beaten track. Perhaps near metro Dausmesnil? The place is tiny and run by two men one of which is a burly fellow with a beard. The review had a picture of the two them standing in front of the business.

I hope one of you may know what I am talking about.

TIA

David

David West

A.K.A. The Mushroom Man

Founder of http://finepalatefoods.com/

I have tried to search all of the threads again to no avail so I plead for help from those of you with a better memory than mine.

There was a link to review of some bistros posted from a publication I can not remember. There was one listed for the 12th, off the beaten track. Perhaps near metro Dausmesnil? The place is tiny and run by two men one of which is a burly fellow with a beard. The review had a picture of the two them standing in front of the business.

I hope one of you may know what I am talking about.

TIA

David

Les Zygomates? where and when did you see the pix; how new is/was it?

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris

John,

I believe it was a quite new place. The review was recent (this past sumer) and I believe in english. I thought IHT but I can not find it in there. The thrust of the article was about a few lesser known, out of the way places. The pictures were slick and the article was concise. I am still searching for it here as well.

Not Zgomates, but that looks good too.

Edited by dfunghi (log)

David West

A.K.A. The Mushroom Man

Founder of http://finepalatefoods.com/

Could it possibly have been Entre Les Vignes? It is in the 12th, relatively new and John reviewed it previously.

I suspect not since it faces the Gare de Lyon and that, not Daumesnil would be the landmark and Metro. But I liked it very much.

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris