• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Preferred Cuisinier in France

Apart from chefs associated with molecular gastronomy, who is your preferred cuisinier in France and why? Have you had discussions with this chef about his cuisine, and what aspects of your last meal at the applicable restaurant were most memorable to you? :wink:

I think that it would have to be Michel Bras, I have known him for nearly fifteen years and am still perplexed as to why it took the Michelin guide some twelve years to move him from two to three stars.

I have spoken to Michel on several occasions and one of the great things about him is that he is so oblivious to what is going on outside of his region.

What I also love about this restaurant is the relaxed nature of the service. I dont know if it is because I have been going there for years but I cannot think of another three star restaurant where my wife and I can go with our three children and feel so relaxed-almost at home!

Heston Blumenthal

The Fat Duck

The Fat Duck website