• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

cyalexa

cyalexa

a gigantic picture of dried okra, cut in half lengthwise, dried about 48 hours at 125F

okra.jpg

The pointy ends are almost sharp and seeds fall out when you eat them.

The next batch was dried whole. No pic but you can imagine. I salted them heavily after loading them on the trays and a fair amount seems to be sticking. I think these dried 4 days (also at 125) but honestly, I don't remember for sure. 

Both taste pretty good and if I am given another gigantic bag I would dry more whole, maybe trying some spices with the salt.

cyalexa

cyalexa

a gigantic picture of dried okra, cut in half lengthwise, dried about 48 hours at 125F

okra.jpg

The pointy ends are almost sharp and seeds fall out when you eat them.

The next batch was dried whole. No pic but you can imagine. I salted them heavily after loading then on the trays and a fair amount seems to be sticking. I think these dried 4 days (also at 125) but honestly, I don't remember for sure. 

Both taste pretty good and if I am given another gigantic bag I would dry more whole, maybe trying some spices with the salt.