• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Eating from Ottawa to Boston

Ted Bairstow

Some friends are planning to drive from Ottawa to Boston with their three year old son and have asked me for advice about food stops. I have told them that I like to stop in Burlington for dinner at Smokejacks, but have not travelled past Burlington in the past five years or so, so I have little up-to-date info to offer them on such places as Montpelier, Queechee or anything between Queechee and Boston. Any suggestions?

Smokejacks has apparently closed.

From the Seven Days blog:

Political columnist Shay Totten saw some of the crew "drowning their sorrows" at the OP, and Seven Days staffer Colby Roberts reported that there's a big "for rent" sign on the restaurant's window. On Facebook, at least one employee has changed her status to indicate that she is now unemployed.
Edited by johnnyd (log)

"I took the habit of asking Pierre to bring me whatever looks good today and he would bring out the most wonderful things," - bleudauvergne

foodblogs: Dining Downeast I - Dining Downeast II

Portland Food Map.com